A few years back, no one would have imagined that the living standard of urban developments could be raised through surveillance cameras. But it is a fact, too good to be true. Smart City Surveillance Camera are innovative monitoring devices, empowering cities to become a better living ecosystem for people, animals, birds, and all species.
Smart cities leverage new technologies such as IoT, AI, ML, and deep learning algorithms to collect meaningful data and use it to make better and more effective decisions for the residents. Holistic and real-time data allows security agents to track events as soon as they take place. They can identify the patterns and respond rapidly to the altering environments through innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Ambicam Smart City CCTV solutions are cloud-based AI-enabled surveillance devices. They help governments and state security agencies to ensure creating a safe and secure city for citizens. Offering 24*7 live footage through ultra HD, Ambicam smart city monitoring solutions can deter crime, boost infrastructure protection, and improve traffic management, crowd management, trash management, and much more across a city. These smart cloud CCTV cameras are more centralized, simple to use, and extremely scalable solutions to accommodate the needs of every city specifically.
Having said that, let us now delve to understand various advanced features of smart city CCTV cameras that enable governments to monitor city traffic and other activities more efficiently.
1. Traffic management & people counting
One of the most effective tools to keep an eye on the entire city is a traffic camera. It is a simple yet very innovative video surveillance technology deployed at the top of a traffic signal. This CCTV camera for smart city captures traffic patterns, people count, hustling hours, busy roads, etc. for future references. The data recorded by these cameras are used to find out the loopholes and strategies a better traffic management plan. Other key benefits of a traffic camera are:
- Helping commuters with real-time traffic updates: Traffic surveillance cameras are often installed at major congestion points on tolls, parkways, highways, etc. The live footage from all these locations is shared directly with news agencies and governments who use the information to update regular commuters about traffic flow, roadblocks, road mishap or any other event that might have unfolded on the road. Commuters can use this real-time information to decide which route to follow to avoid unnecessary delay.
- Accumulate data to make development: centric decisions: Smart city CCTV cameras deployed on roads, public places, and crossroads are generally used by transportation departments and state authorities to analyze the crowd pattern of people and cars. Authorities can translate this bulk data to make purposeful decisions related to road development, infrastructure construction, and more.
- Maintain law and order in the city: Smart City Surveillance Camera is the very good source of recording traffic rules violation acts, over speeding, and various other behavioral patterns. This metadata can be used by the government to strategically plan the placement of security staff across the sensitive locations of the city. Clearly, traffic monitoring cameras can use their versatile functionality to enhance safety and management on the roads all over cities.
2. Automated License Plate Recognition (ALPR)
ALPR is an innovative camera system that captures the information written on a vehicle’s license plate automatically. The captured information is then converted into alphanumeric characters through optical character recognition. Authorities then match all pieces of information to the database of wanted, stolen, or other vehicles. This entire process is completed in a matter of seconds, enabling responders to take immediate action as required to manage a situation.
Subsequently, automated license plate recognition empowers law enforcement officials to improve their investigative capabilities and enhance the efficiency of data verification from the bulk and unorganized data.
3. Thermal screening technique
Thermal screening cameras have a commendable capability to identify the abnormal or increased temperature of humans and surfaces. In today’s pandemic times, thermal imaging techniques can help state authorities monitor people with elevated body temperature in public places to avoid the spread of COVID-19 infection. The same technology can be used to identify machine or equipment failure in public factories and companies. This helps in restricting production downtime and controlling accidents that could turn into heat waves or fire outbreaks.
4. Waste management solution
5. Air Pollution Check